Sheriffs’ log Oct. 25
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• An 28-year-old busboy from Carson City was arrested at 3:42 p.m. Saturday on Louise Drive on suspicion of misdemeanor disobedience of a traffic control device, eluding, riding an unregistered vehicle and riding a dirt bike within 500 feet of a residence. Bail was set at $883.
• A 20-year-old pawn worker from Carson City was arrested at 1:25 a.m. Saturday in the 110 block of West Telegraph Street on suspicion of misdemeanor affray, disorderly conduct, obstructing police and minor consuming. Also arrested was a 20-year-old Dayton woman on suspicion of affray and disorderly conduct; a 23-year-old Carson City man on suspicion of resisting arrest and disorderly conduct and a 28-year-old foreman on suspicion of resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and affray.
• Staci Michael Adams, 32, a manager at Wendy’s, was arrested at 12:02 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of Sharrow Way on suspicion of felony embezzlement. She allegedly gambled $1,100 of the restaurant’s deposit money, according to the arrest report.
• A 52-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 10:39 a.m. Friday in the 400 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of misdemeanor petty larceny. He allegedly swiped a bartender’s $20 tip before running out the door and being found at a nearby casino. Bail was set at $347.
• Suzanne Ladd, 47, of Carson City, was arrested at 4:41 a.m. Monday at Hot Springs Road and Sage Street on suspicion of felony failure to appear on a drug consumption charge. Bail was set at $2,000.
• Cody Scott McChesney, 31, unemployed of Dayton, was arrested at 10:08 p.m. Sunday in the 3600 block of Goni Road on suspicion of felony burglary, obtaining money under false pretenses, uttering a forged instrument, obstructing a peace officer and possession of a dangerous weapon. Bail was set at $20,000.
• John Gelien, 25, unemployed from Carson City, was arrested at 11:47 a.m. Sunday at Walmart on suspicion of felony grand larceny and probation violation. He allegedly stole $359 in XBox games to trade for heroin, according to the arrest report. Bail was set at $25,000.
• Julia Ann Bowers, 35, a loan processor from Carson City, was arrested at 12:15 a.m. Sunday at Fifth and Ruth streets on suspicion of gross misdemeanor second-offense drunken driving and misdemeanor failure to appear. Bail was set at $2,607.
• Christopher Michael Barrett, 52, a casino worker from Carson City, was arrested at 2:48 a.m. Sunday in the 2600 block of Bunch Way on a felony warrant for suspicion of possession of a controlled substance. Bail was set at $5,000.
• A 33-year-old unemployed man from Pahrump was arrested at 2:30 p.m. Sunday in the 800 block of East Musser Street on a misdemeanor warrant for suspicion of filing a false police report. Bail was set at $2,000.
• A 56-year-old unemployed man from Carson City was arrested at 7:32 p.m. Sunday at Walmart on suspicion of petty larceny and violation of suspended sentence. Bail was set at $1,347.
• Christopher Schumacher, 29, of Carson City, was arrested at 5:57 p.m. Saturday on suspicion of felony grand larceny, possession of stolen property, misdemeanor obstructing and gross misdemeanor possession of a dangerous weapon. Bail was set at $25,000. Also arrested was Mario Jesus Quevedo, 24, a transient, on suspicion of felony grand larceny, possession of stolen property and misdemeanor obstructing. Bail was set at $25,000. The two men allegedly fled a traffic stop after officers learned that the car they were in was stolen, according to the arrest report.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Sunday:
• 4:05 a.m. – Coroner call in the 3000 block of North Ormsby Boulevard.
• 2:11 p.m. – A 9-year-old boy was bit by a dog in the 500 block of Bath Street.
• 4:36 p.m. – Storage unit burglary report in the 2100 block of Lone Mountain Drive.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers always remain anonymous.
Secret Witness turns 40 this year – and it’s helped solve many of Northern Nevada’s most violent crimes
Secret Witness tips have played a pivotal role in solving some of the most violent crimes the greater Northern Nevada region has seen. To date, Secret Witness has paid out more than $300,000 in rewards to anonymous tipsters. Rewards range from $50 (graffiti/tagging) to $1,500 (armed robbery) to $2,500 (murder).