Sheriff’s Log Sept. 1
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• James Montell Dean, 24, unemployed from Dayton, was arrested at 6:37 p.m. Tuesday in the 1800 block of Highway 50 East on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell and misdemeanor violation of bail conditions. Bail was set at $10,000.
• Abel Avila-Lopez, 42, a welder from Dayton, was arrested at 4:26 p.m. Tuesday in the 2700 block of Highway 50 East on suspicion of felony possession of stolen property and forgery. Bail was set at $25,000.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Tuesday:
• Report of two men punching each other outside a bar on East William Street at 2:07 a.m.
• Vehicle burglary report on East Long Street at 5:26 a.m.
• Vehicle burglary report on Gentry Lane at 7:01 a.m.
• Coroner call in the 3000 block of North Ormsby Boulevard at 7:09 a.m.
• Coroner call in the 1700 block of Snyder Avenue at 2:31 p.m.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers always remain anonymous.