Sheriffs’ log Sept. 25
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Les Vasseur, 53, was arrested 5:55 p.m. Wednesday at 580 Mallory Way on suspicion of an outstanding warrant from Sparks for attempting to draw and pass a series of checks with the intent to defraud, a felony. Vasseur, a truck driver, clipped a traffic light, prompting Carson City sheriffs to respond. Bail was set at $2,000.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Thursday:
• An unemployed Arizona woman was arrested at 2 p.m. Thursday inside the Burlington Coat Factory, 4209 S. Carson St., on suspicion of petty larceny. Employees caught the 20-year-old attempting to steal $136.86 worth of children’s and baby clothing. Bail was set at $347. Her two small children were released to the woman’s mother.
The following are some of the calls to which Lyon County deputies responded Thursday:
• Car burglary at 8:25 a.m. Thursday in Fernley.
• A hold-up alarm at 12:56 p.m. Thursday in Yerington on the 200 Block of Whitacre St.
• A sexual offense at 6:13 p.m. Thursday in Mound
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is775-283-1799. Callers always remain anonymous.