Sheriff’s office offers off-road safety tips
The Carson City Sheriff’s Office is warning residents that off-roading, while exciting, can bring its own hazards, especially as participants head into areas with spotty cellphone reception. It offers the following tips to stay safe while adventuring in the brush:
• Always wear protective gear, including a seat belt if in a vehicle.
• Before you leave, let someone know where you are going and how long you plan to be gone.
• Make sure to have plenty of water.
• Take extra provisions in case you get stuck.
• Have a way to contact someone in case of emergency.
• Never off-road alone without the proper training and preparation.
If you have other questions regarding off-road safety, contact Sgt. Darrin Sloan at 775-887-2020.