Silver Stage Park first in line for new playground equipment
June 28, 2007
Silver Stage Park in Silver Springs is first in line to get new playground equipment, according to a priority list established by Central Lyon County Parks and Recreation Advisory Board and approved by the Lyon County Commissioners.
A $13,000 medium-sized play structure is planned, with a prep cost of $5,000. No date for construction was given.
The Lyon County commission approved the list, but will still have to approve individual projects.
After Silver Stage Park will come Spuds Park in Stagecoach, Como Park in Dayton, Pioneer Park in Stagecoach, Penny Park in Silver Springs, the Little League Ball Fields in Dayton, Silver City Park, Von Dale Rose Park in Mound House and Our Park in Dayton.
Melinda Cash, member of the advisory board, said new playground equipment installed this spring in Our Park has made a big difference in the number of residents using the park.
“It has been a big hit,” she said.
Recommended Stories For You
Lyon County Engineer Dick Faber said the work should be done by county employees to save money, although it takes nearly four months for each playground installation.
He said projects could be paid for with park tax funds, and it could take three years to actually get all of the playgrounds in place.
Faber said putting the projects out to bid would cost more and would still mean county employees had to clear the area for the new equipment.
• Contact reporter Karen Woodmansee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 882-2111 ext. 351.
Lyon County park priorities
1. Silver Stage Park, Silver Springs – Medium-sized play structure, $18,000
2. Spuds Field, Stagecoach – Medium-sized play structure, $19,000
3. Como Park, Dayton – Medium-sized play structure, $19,000
4. Pioneer Park, Stagecoach – Small-sized play structure, $16,000
5. Penny Park, Silver Springs – Small-sized play structure, $16,000
6. Little League Ball Fields, Dayton – Small-sized play structure, $14,000
7. Silver City Park, Silver City – Medium-sized play structure, $18,000
8. Von Dale Rose Park, Mound House – Small-sized play structure, $16,000
9. Our Park, Dayton, 2-leg, 2-bay, 4-person swing set, $2,600.