Smith Valley woman convicted of child abuse
December 18, 2013
A Smith Valley woman was convicted Friday of child abuse causing substantial bodily harm.
Ashlee Marie Kinsey, formerly known as Ashlee Marie Morrow, was charged with two counts of child abuse. After a four-day trial, a jury found her guilty of abusing a young boy by cutting his foot with a boxcutter.
Court records show the boy also had a broken arm and had suffered multiple additional suspicious injuries, including broken ribs.
Dominick Ratto also was implicated and pleaded to a felony child-abuse charge earlier this year. Ratto is serving a six-year prison sentence.
After the verdict was announced, Kinsey, 24, was taken into custody. She is scheduled to be sentenced in District Court in Yerington on Feb. 3. She faces up to 20 years in prison.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand