Smoldering ash burns Jacks Valley residence | NevadaAppeal.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Smoldering ash burns Jacks Valley residence

Cathleen Allison/Nevada Appeal
NEVADA APPEAL | NEVADA APPEAL

Firefighters pull debris out of a burning garage that consumed a garage and car at a Jacks Valley residence Tuesday morning. East Fork and Carson City firefighters responded to the blaze at 3529 Silverado Drive at 9:39 a.m. Crews quickly knocked down flames, preventing the fire from spreading to the house. Owner Beth Leidich was treated for minor smoke inhalation.

East Fork Deputy Fire Chief Steve Eisele said the fire was caused by the disposal of hot fireplace ashes.