Spontaneous combustion cause of Dayton fire
October 11, 2004
The spontaneous combustion of oily rags caused a weekend fire at a popular Dayton restaurant, an official said Monday.
The Roadrunner Cafe at the corner of Douglas Street and Highway 50 suffered $20,000 worth of damage after the rags ignited in a storeroom, said Kim Evans, spokeswoman for the Fire Marshals Division of the Nevada Department of Public Safety.
Firefighters from Central Lyon County Fire District responded to the Roadrunner Cafe about 9 p.m. Friday. Evans said crews left the scene about 12:15 a.m. Saturday.
Trending In: Local
- Native flowers: What every Nevada lover should know
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Bobcat sighting in Carson City; Nevada Department of Wildlife says it is not unusual
- Plasma, blood donors needed to help Carson City student with encephalitis
- Nevada Appeal, Record-Courier weekend edition goes to press early