The American Red Cross offers free counseling. Call them at (415) 816-5903 or 856-1000 or stop by Carson High School, 1111 N. Saliman Road.
Tips to handle stress related to the fire
• Maintain your eating and sleeping schedule.
• Pay close attention to your diet.
• Spend time with friends and family to avoid social isolation.
• Allow children to play with their friends.
• Volunteer to do something to help community efforts.
• Talk with others about your thoughts and feelings regarding the fire.
• Laugh. Laughter has been known to reduce stress and bolster the immune system.
Source: Carson-Tahoe Hospital Behavioral Health Services.