Summer water restrictions go into effect June 1
Carson City water restrictions go into effect Tuesday to help protect one of the city’s most precious resources.
City ordinances prohibit water waste such as allowing sprinklers to overflow into streets, gutters or storm drains. City staff advises residents not to water when temperatures are too high or conditions are windy.
The following water restrictions are in effect from June 1 to Sept. 30:
• The watering schedule is three days per week; the last number of your address determines your odd or even status. Odd watering days are Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Even watering days Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
• There is no watering allowed on Mondays, or between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
An exemption may be requested, subject to approval, for:
• Licensed commercial gardeners or commercial caretakers who are on the premises during watering.
• New lawns, for 21 days from planting or installation.
• Vegetable gardens.
• Complexes that file for and receive approval of an irrigation plan.
• Accommodations for handicapped/disabled persons are also available.
For more information, call 887-2355 ext. 30397, or go to 3505 Butti Way, Carson City.