Sun Valley man a suspect in sexual assault | NevadaAppeal.com

Sun Valley man a suspect in sexual assault

Staff Reports

A Sun Valley man has been arrested for allegedly firing a handgun in his home, then sexually assaulting a woman he brought there Sunday.

Washoe County Sheriff’s Lt. Doug Gist said Luis Gomez-Martinez, 25, surrendered to detectives Tuesday morning after the department investigated the incident.

Two women who had been at Confetti’s night club in Reno allegedly accepted a ride with Gomez-Martinez and another man, who drove them to Gomez-Martinez’s home. After one woman resisted Gomez-Martinez’s sexual advances, according to Gist, the suspect pulled a handgun and fired several rounds inside the home.

Gomez-Martinez then forcefully sexually assaulted the victim, according to Gist. The two women escaped the home and called 911, he said.

Gomez-Martinez is charged with three counts of sexual assault, use of a deadly weapon in commission of a crime, first-degree kidnapping, brandishing a weapon and discharging a firearm where a person may be endangered. His bail was set at $72,115.