Supervisors hear budget report, OK collective bargaining agreements
The Carson City Board of Supervisors got a look Thursday at the 2010-11 fiscal year budget, which will be formally approved on May 17.
Finance Director Nick Providenti said he will be back in August with a detailed budget plan after all the pieces have fallen into place from the cost-cutting measures.
In their capacity as the Redevelopment Authority, the board also heard a presentation about the Redevelopment Authority budget.
In other action Thursday, supervisors:
• Approved the collective bargaining agreement between Carson City and the Carson City Fire Department Classified Chief Officers Association for July 1, 2010, to June 30, 2014.
• Approved an addendum to the collective bargaining agreement between Carson City and the Carson City Employees Association for July 1, 2010, to June 30, 2012.
• Approved a contract to convert the library’s current system to a Radio Frequency Identification system for operating book self-checking. The $92,000 system will be paid for from the Library Grant Service/Automation fund and the Library Gift Fund. The library will be closed for two weeks for installation of the system and library reorganization. Library Director Sara Jones said one of the benefits will be in personnel time savings.
• Selected the Historic Preservation Awards for 2010, including Noreen Humphreys for historic preservation efforts, The Edwards House for incorporating renewable energy, Carter and Peggy Twedt for an addition and remodel, and Kilpatrick, Johnston & Adler for an addition to the Frank Norcross House.
• Accepted the recommendation of the Open Space Advisory Committee to pursue efforts with the Nevada Commission for Reconstruction of the V&T Railway in order to purchase properties owned by Don Bently in the Carson River Canyon.
• Adopted an ordinance amendment adding a definition for criminal gangs, declaring areas where they congregate as nuisances and authorizing the district attorney to take certain actions.
The agenda and supporting materials are available at http://www.carson-city.nv.us/