Supes taking next step in development deal
The Carson City Board of Supervisors is scheduled to take action Thursday to approve a coordination agreement for the Carson City Center Project (formerly known as the Nugget Project) between the Carson City Redevelopment Authority, the Hop and Mae Adams Foundation and P3 Development.
The board also will consider authorizing the expenditure of $75,000 from the Redevelopment Authority’s Revolving Fund to pay for the authority’s portion of the work.
According to the agenda report, the agreement is the first step in preparing the analysis which would define the specifics of the project such as the desired projects elements, potential sources of funding and components of a possible final project.
This agreement also defines the roles and responsibilities of the parties in preparing the analysis, the timeline of 90 days to complete it and the cost of $166,365. In addition to the Redevelopment Authority’s payment portion, the foundation will pay $75,000, and $16,365 will come from the Carson City Library Gift Fund.
Determining the size and nature of the project is the first necessary step before specifics can be identified for an actual development agreement is
At the end of the 90 days, when it comes time for putting together a project development agreement, city and library staff, the foundation, the 14-member Citizens Advisory Committee and the community will be involved.
In other matters Thursday, the board is scheduled to:
• Endorse the Sierra Nevada Geotourism Project.
• Approve a contract between Carson City and Douglas County regarding alternative sentencing personnel and duties.
• Approve two contracts for major water transmission projects.
• Approve a plan for designating Carson City as a Bicycle Friendly Community.
• Approve a letter of support of the Nevada Commission for the Reconstruction of the V&T Railway’s efforts to pursue the use of federal lands for establishing an interim depot terminal facility in the vicinity of Flint Drive.
• Take action on a number of Redevelopment Authority funding issues and a change in terms of the authority’s seven-year declining lien on incentive funds.
The Carson City Board of Supervisors meets at 8:30 a.m. Thursday in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Go to http://www.carson-city.nv.us to download an agenda and a complete information packet.
Other city meetings scheduled in the week ahead are:
• Special meeting of the Carson City Board of Supervisors and Redevelopment Authority to approve the their final budgets for the 2010-11 fiscal year, to set the tax rate for the County Cooperative Extension for 2010-11, and to approve the Sierra Forest Fire Protection District budget for 2010-11.
The meeting will be held at noon Monday in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St.
• The Carson River Advisory Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. Monday in the Capital Conference Room at City Hall, 201 N. Carson St. Use the Musser Street entrance.
Among other things, the committee will hear updates on the progress of purchasing the Jarrard Ranch and Bently property, take action on scheduling a late afternoon or evening tour of park and trail facilities along the Carson River, and take action to plan for Riverfest 2010.
• A joint meeting of the Carson City Board of Supervisors and the Carson City School District Board of Trustees will be at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Boards are scheduled to share information on current activities, interlocal agreements and programs.