Teen dead in Silver Springs fatal
November 18, 2004
A 13-year-old girl was killed Wednesday at about 6:22 p.m. in Silver Springs when the car she was riding in turned into the path of an oncoming pickup truck.
According to the Nevada Highway Patrol, Carol L. Guerry, 26, of Silver Springs, was stopped facing south on Highway 95 A at the intersection of Esmeralda Street and turned left into the path of a Chevrolet pickup driven by Nathaniel Kemp, 67, of Fernley.
The teen was pronounced dead at the scene. The girl’s identity is being withheld pending notification of her family.
The highway patrol is continuing its investigation.
Trending In: Local
- Native flowers: What every Nevada lover should know
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Bobcat sighting in Carson City; Nevada Department of Wildlife says it is not unusual
- Plasma, blood donors needed to help Carson City student with encephalitis
- Nevada Appeal, Record-Courier weekend edition goes to press early