The Volunteer Connection
Volunteer opportunities available through the Nevada Rural Counties RSVP program:
1. ComputerCorps needs help with rebuilding and testing computers (restores used computers for students, etc), and a receptionist.
2. Bordewich-Bray Elementary School needs classroom volunteers.
3. FISH needs volunteers to work in the kitchen taking vouchers for free meals.
4. RSVP needs drivers to transport seniors who can no longer drive, and Lifeline installers (Lifeline is an emergency response system).
5. Nevada Children’s Museum needs Gift Shop attendants and Docents.
6. AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteers to help Nevada Seniors.
Also, NV Rural Counties RSVP seeks a paid volunteer to assist with capacity building for our Home Companion Respite Care Program in Carson City. Computer experience is essential. This full time position includes a monthly living allowance, training, health insurance, and end of contract bonus/tuition. Must be 21 years of age or older to apply.
For more information relative to these exciting volunteer opportunities please call Carolyn at 687-4680 ext. 6. Remember RSVP can pay out-of-pocket expenses (mileage) and carries insurance for you while on the job.