There are openings aplenty on Carson City citizens panels |

There are openings aplenty on Carson City citizens panels

Staff report

The Carson City Board of Supervisors is seeking applications from residents interested in serving on several resident panels.

There are four volunteer openings to be filled on the Shade Tree Council, which provides advice on matters concerning the development, maintenance, management and promotion of a safe, healthy and attractive urban forest in Carson City.

A minimum commitment of up to 10 hours a month is expected. Applicants must be Carson City residents and registered voters.

For three vacancies the terms expire January 2009. One vacancy is to fill a partial term to expire January 2008.

Volunteer applications may be obtained from and returned to the Carson City Executive Offices. All applications submitted to this office will be considered public information.

Applications will be accepted until Nov. 9.

There are other openings available on the Parks and Recreation and Regional Transportation commissions. Applications for these are being accepted until Wednesday.

And the Open Space and Carson River committees have openings. Applications for these groups are being accepted until Nov. 30.

For details, call 887-2101, send an e-mail to or visit