This week’s Carson City road report
The Roop Street widening project will continue this week with the following roads effected:
• William Street will be closed at Roop Street until 5:30 a.m. today. Westbound traffic will be detoured at Saliman Road and eastbound traffic will be detoured at Stewart Street.
• Roop Street is closed from William to Stewart streets through the completion of the project.
• Roop Street will be closed from William Street to East Robinson Street.
• William Street, eastbound and westbound left turn lanes at Roop Street closed.
• The intersections of Park, Adams, Lee, and John streets at Roop Street will be closed to through traffic until project completion. Traffic may cross Roop Street at Corbett and Long streets.
• The intersections of Caroline and Washington streets with Roop Street will be closed to through traffic until Tuesday.
• Goni Road will be reduced to a single lane between Conestoga Drive and South Sutro with flaggers on weekdays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Additionally, work will continue in the vicinity of the intersection of Goni Road and Arrowhead Drive. Minor delays are expected.
• Minor delays are expected on Washington Street between Carson and Walsh streets due to sidewalk improvements.
For more information, call Daniel Doenges at 887-2355.