Three die in rollover near Fallon
December 22, 2004
Three people died Wednesday night after a single vehicle roll-over on Sheckler Cut-Off, north of Powerline Road, near Fallon.
Details of the crash and identities of the victims were not available at press time.
The Churchill County Sheriff’s Office and ambulance crews were called to the area of 1672 Sheckler Cut-Off, about seven miles west of Fallon, at about 6:30 p.m. after a vehicle flipped over.
Churchill County ambulance crews initially requested help from NAS Fallon and Care Flight after it was reported occupants of the vehicle had been ejected. The Navy and Reno medical helicopter were cancelled after local ambulance crews arrived on scene.
Emergency crews reported to Banner Churchill Community Hospital that no medical assistance was needed because the accident was a triple fatality.
The Nevada Highway Patrol is investigating the crash because Sheckler Cut-Off is a state highway. Authorities at the NHP dispatch center in Reno said no information about the accident was immediately available at 7:15 p.m. because a trooper had just arrived on scene.
Trending In: Local
- Native flowers: What every Nevada lover should know
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Bobcat sighting in Carson City; Nevada Department of Wildlife says it is not unusual
- Plasma, blood donors needed to help Carson City student with encephalitis
- Nevada Appeal, Record-Courier weekend edition goes to press early