Three Nevada airports get federal funding
June 6, 2018
WASHINGTON — U.S. Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto, D-Nev., says the federal Transportation Department has awarded $14.8 million to improve runways and other infrastructure at three rural Nevada airports.
The largest of the grants was $10.95 million to the Ely Airport to rehabilitate the apron and runway.
In addition, the Elko Regional Airport will get $3 million for improvements including reconstruction of perimeter fencing.
Finally, the Battle Mountain Airport will receive $902,201 to rehabilitate the taxiway and runway.
Trending In: Local
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Carson City supervisors re-consider Lompa plan
- Male’s remains found inside truck retrieved from Lahontan Reservoir
- Busy Saturday set for Carson City
- Man held on felony domestic battery, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says