Tips needed in Curry Street shooting
December 6, 2005
Carson City investigators are asking for help in determining who shot a man twice in the leg as he walked along Curry Street on Friday night.
Sgt. Bob White said the 36-year-old victim was walking south at 10:30 p.m. behind the Nevada State Railroad Museum when he noticed a green, four-door sedan, with rap music blaring, parked on a dirt turnaround at the back of C Hill.
The victim told investigators that as he passed the vehicle, its engine started and he heard three pops. The car then drove off.
The victim’s cousin happened by just then, and picked up the victim and drove him to the hospital. White said the man was struck once near the knee and a second bullet pierced the skin on the outside of his ankle. He was treated and released.
Anyone with information should call the detective division at 887-2020 ext. 1400.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand