– Mammovan for Nevada will be at FISH, 138 E. Long St., offering mammograms for non-insured women. Appointment required; call (877) 581-6266.
– Amy Clawson performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
– White Wing performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. Tuesday-Thursday and Sunday, 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday. Call 882-1626.
– Eighth annual Lake Tahoe Marathon Sports and Fitness Expo, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday at the Horizon Hotel and Casino, South Lake Tahoe. Call (530) 544-7095.
– “Frankenstein, the Monster Musical,” performed by Nevada Performing Arts, 7 p.m. today, 2 and 7 p.m. Saturday at the Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts, Reno. Tickets $24 and $11. Call 686-6600.
– Bad Intent performs at 9 p.m. at Decades Bar and Grille, 1475 Hot Springs Road; no cover charge. Call 883-8889.
– Deja Blues performs from 9 p.m. – 1 a.m. today and Saturday at Joe Bob’s Hot Springs Roadhouse at 1500 Hot Springs Road. No cover charge; 21 and over. Call 883-7799.
– Proscenium Players Inc. presents “The Cemetery Club,” 8 p.m. tonight and Saturday Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Tickets $12 general, $10 PPI, BAC, seniors and students. Call 883-1976.
– Tahoe Arts Professional Theatre in Residence performs “Passion,” at 7 p.m. toiday and Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday matinee at Piper’s Opera House, Virginia City. Call (530) 583-1877.
– 11th annual Pumpkin Patch, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Seeliger Elementary School, 2800 S. Saliman Road. Features 30-foot slide, jump castle, Wanda the Whale, raffle, dunk take, craft fair, entertainment, games, prizes, food, ice cream, face painting pumpkins and more. Call 283-2200.
– Dr. D’Ascoli ninth annual free Study Skills Course for seventh grades and up, 10 a.m. to noon at Carson City Recreation Center, 851 E. William St. Reservations, information: 882-1062.
– Carson-Tahoe Hospital Auxiliary Used Book and Media Sale, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 1513 N. Carson St. Features books, VHS tapes, music CDs, specialty books, children’s books and more.
– Halloween Festival, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Carson Mall. Features face and hair painting, pumpkin and tombstone decorating, Flutter-by the Magic Clown, games, crafts and more. Call 887-2290, ext. 101.
– Storey County Volunteer Fire Department second annual Tee It Up for Kids Golf Classic, 4-man scramble with shotgun start at Empire Ranch Golf Course. Cost $7 per player, includes golf, barbecue lunch and prizes. Call 847-0954 or 847-0498.
– An evening of dinner and dancing for boys and girls ages 7-older held from 6-10 p.m. at Lights … Tamara … Action Acrobatics and Dance Studio, 900 Mallory Way, No. 4. Includes ballet, jazz, creative movement and food; cost $15 per child or $25 a family. Call 882-8900, ext. 131.
– Creationism versus Evolution debate, 7 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Free, open to the public. Features Dr. Vincent Sarich and Dr. Dwane Gish; rebuttal plus question and answer period for audience. Call 883-4836.
– Cold Sweat performs at 9 p.m. at Decades Bar and Grill, 1475 Hot Springs Road; no cover. Call 883-8889.
– Douglas High School Band Field Show Competition at noon on the football field, hosted by DHS Marching Band and Music Boosters. Admission $5 per person or $10 per family (2 adults and children 17-younger) and includes a program. Concessions available. Call 782-5136.
– “An Afternoon on the Comstock,” 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Virginia City, a fund-raiser for the V&T Railroad. Donation $50 per person, call 885-6833.
– Scrapbooking workshop, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Gardnerville Elementary School. Cost $10 per person; call 782-9828.
– Fall Festival Pumpkin Run, races begin at 10 a.m. at Lampe Park, Gardnerville. Entry $2 per person for ages preschool to sixth grade. Call 782-9828.
– Douglas County Recreation Department offers Interview Skills class, 12:30-4:30 p.m. at Recreation Annex building. Cost $40 per person; call 782-9828.
– Carson Valley Pops Orchestra Fall concert, 7 p.m. at the CVIC Hall, Minden. Refreshments available. Call 267-2626 or 782-7459.
– Fall Color at Hope Valley. A moderate hike with instructor Karen Wiese, botanist. Cost $65, includes lunch. Call (530) 694-2266.
– Eighth annual Lake Tahoe Marathon, a 26.2-mile run around scenic Lake Tahoe. Call (530) 544-7095 or visit http://www.laketahoemarathon.com.
– Christopher Cross performs at Harrah’s Reno in Sammy’s Showroom, 7 and 9:30 p.m. Tickets $40 general, $45 VIP. Call 788-2900.
– World Championship Virginia City Outhouse Races, races begin at 1 p.m. Saturday, noon Sunday on C Street, Virginia City. Plus food, entertainment and more. Call 847-0311.
– Eldorado’s 22nd annual Great Italian Festival, features live music, food and more. Call 786-5700.
– Roberts House Museum tea, noon, 1207 N. Carson St. Cost $15 per person; reservations recommended. Includes scones with toppings, fruit, tea sandwiches and desserts. Seating limited; call 887-8865.
– G3: Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen perform at 7 p.m. at the Reno Hilton Theater. Tickets $45, $39.50. Call 789-2285.