• Public welcoming of the new Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada Executive Director Hal Hansen, 5-6:30 p.m. in the main clubhouse, 673 S. Stewart St. Call 882-8820.
• Carson River Advisory Committee meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Capital Conference Room at City Hall, 201 N. Carson St.
• Carson City School District Board meeting, 7 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Nevada State Museum holds daily Behind-the-Scenes tours, 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, 600 N. Carson St. Call 687-4810, ext. 237. Admission $5 adults; $3 seniors; 17-younger free.
• Guitarist Peter Fletcher performs at 7 p.m. at the Carson City Library, 900 N. Roop St. Open to the public; call 887-2244.
• Clear Creek Watershed Council meets at 6 p.m. at Jacks Valley Elementary School Library. Call 782-3661, ext. 112.
• Capital City Arts Initiative Caffeine Gallery at Comma Coffee presents a month-long exhibit by Paul Ford, 312 S. Carson St. Call 287-2252.
• WNCC Carson City Student Art Show through May 17. Call 445-3000.
• Archaeology Awareness and Historic Preservation Week. Includes excavating the historic Acey Person’s Sawmill Saturday, call Greg Haynes at 884-8102; Nevada Rock Art Foundation tour, call Alanah Woody at 315-5497; walking tour of Wells Avenue neighborhood, call Susie Carter at 787-3170, and many more in Carson City, Virginia City and Reno. Call Bob Harmon at 687-8323.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Roger Bowen Weld on Steamboat Springs Revisited at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5-7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847-0111.
• 4-H in Silver City: Silver City Green Thumbs Garden Club will begin meeting the second Tuesday of each month, beginning at 6:30 p.m. today. Call Mary MacDonald at 847-7716 for details.
• Douglas County Planning Commission meets at 1 p.m. in the courtroom of the Douglas County Administrative Building, 1616 Eighth St., Minden. Call 782-9005.
• Pathway to Fitness Symposium, 6:30-8 p.m. at Minden Medical Center Conference Room, 925 Ironwood Drive. Call 790-1510.
• Melissa Dru performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. No cover; call 882-1626.
• Major Link performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• Muscle Powered hosts an 8:30 a.m. walk on the Centennial bike trail, meet at the back loop beyond the golf course clubhouse. Call 885-2166.
• St. Mary’s Hospice presents Chaplain Marilynn Uhart, “When there is no longer hope for the body, there’s hope for the spirit,” a hospice overview from 10:30-11:30 a.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. Includes Q&A; call 883-0703.
• Carson Area Metropolitan Organization and Carson City Regional Transportation Commission meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Carson City Library Foundation holds an Oktoberfest committee meeting, 4 p.m. at the library, 900 N. Roop St. Open to the public; call Pat Glick at 882-3480.
• Preserving Nevada’s Past, a free public presentation at 7 p.m. with Ron James, State Historic Preservation Officer at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 2180 S. Carson St. Call 687-6953.
Secret Witness turns 40 this year – and it’s helped solve many of Northern Nevada’s most violent crimes
Secret Witness tips have played a pivotal role in solving some of the most violent crimes the greater Northern Nevada region has seen. To date, Secret Witness has paid out more than $300,000 in rewards to anonymous tipsters. Rewards range from $50 (graffiti/tagging) to $1,500 (armed robbery) to $2,500 (murder).