May 13, 2005
• Renaissance fair, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Fuji Park. Call Sean Kiernan at 887-9164.
• Free gardening seminar on “Let’s Talk Tomatoes” at 11 a.m. at Greenhouse Garden Center, 2450 S. Curry St. Call 882-8600.
• Carson City Chamber of Commerce Trade Show 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Community Center Gymnasium. Call Larry Osborne at 882-1565.
• Greenhouse Garden Center hosts a free hands-on workshop at 1 p.m. for ages 6-12, “Ready, Set, Grow II,” 2450 S. Curry St. Call 882-8600.
• Bella Voce, Northern Nevada’s only women’s vocal ensemble, performs “Life Has Liveliness to Sell” at 3 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Tickets $15 general; $12 members, seniors and students. Call 883-1976.
• Karson Kruzers car club meets at 6 p.m. at Round Table Pizza on Highway 50 East. Open to all vehicle enthusiasts. Call 883-0927.
Recommended Stories For You
• WNCC Carson City Student Art Show through Tuesday. Call 445-3000.
• Western Nevada Musical Theatre Company presents “Beauty and The Beast,” 2 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Tickets $18 general, $16 students and seniors, $14 youth 17-younger. Call 445-4249.
• Pinenut District Boy Scouts of America annual Spring Camporee at Washoe Lake State Park. Includes service project of Waterfall fire area. Call Doyle Hanks at 883-4333 or Bill Waits at 884-0838.
• Capital City Arts Initiative Caffeine Gallery at Comma Coffee presents a monthlong exhibit by Paul Ford, 312 S. Carson St. Call 287-2252.
• Nevada Appeal open house to celebrate 140 years in business in Carson City. Join the staff of Carson City’s oldest continually operating business from 5-8 p.m. as it celebrates its 140th birthday. There will be a live jazz band, food catered by Red’s Old 395 Grille, property tours every 15 minutes, and wine tasting by two wineries.
• Open Space Advisory Committee meeting, 6 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room.
• Nevada Health Centers – Mammovan for Nevada at Dayton Senior Center, 320 Old Dayton Valley Road. Mammograms available by appointment only, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call (877) 581-6266 for details.
• Carson City Republican Women meet at 11 a.m. at the Carson Nugget for a luncheon meeting. Guest speaker is State Treasurer Brian Krolicki. Cost $17 for members and guests. Call 841-3553.
• NARFE Chapter 1329 meets at 11:15 a.m. at Grandma Hattie’s, 2811 S. Carson St. President Tom Prettyman will speak. Call 884-3538 or 884-9448.
• Capital Women’s Connection tea and light luncheon, 11:30 a.m. at the Plaza Conference Center, 211 E. Ninth St. Women welcome to a tea and tea cup exchange, girl talk and luncheon; bring a tea cup to exchange. Guest speaker Chauncy Swartz from Soquel, Calif. Tickets $16.50 at the door; call 885-7789 or 883-5045.
• Carson City Parks and Recreation Committee meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Retired Telephone Pioneers meets at 5:30 p.m. at El Charro Avita, 4389 S. Carson St. Reservations, information, call 882-5205.
• Annual Jefferson-Jackson Dinner fund-raiser for the Carson City Democratic Central Committee, 6 p.m. at Silver Oak Golf Club. Hosted cocktail reception, dinner and program $100 per person; dinner, program only $35. Features comedian Kat Simmons, historical stand-up by Guy Rocha and political poetry of Marcia deBraga. RSVP to 841-3367.
• Silver Sierra Adventurers meet at 6 p.m. at the Carson Nugget, upstairs. Guest speaker is David Lippincott, president of Frontier Tours. Call 882-2671.
• Carson City Development Services Re-use Alternatives Public Workshop, 6:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room.
• Silver Strings string quartet performs at 7 p.m. at the Carson City Library, 900 N. Roop St. Repertoire includes music from around the world. Call 887-2244.