• Community flu shots, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Carson Mall. Cost $15; Medicare accepted. Call 885-4572.
• Carson Area Metropolitan Planning Organization open house, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. Also, at City Hall lobby, 4-6 p.m., 201 N. Carson St. Call 887-2355, ext. 1011.
• “An Overview of Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease” workshop, 10-11:30 a.m., Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. Sponsored by Nevada Caregiver Support Center. Call 784-4335.
• Free voice workshop with Peggy Hughes, 6:30-8 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Call 883-1976.
• Carson City Music Club meets at 7 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Call Jane Theiss at 882-9517.
• Young at Heart Senior Citizens Club meeting, 9:30 a.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville; call 783-6455.
• Carson-Tahoe Hospital Auxiliary luncheon meeting at noon at the Carson Nugget. Guest speaker is Senator Mark Amodei, R-Carson City.
• Genoa Town Advisory Board meeting, 7 p.m. at Town Hall meeting room, 2289 Main St. Call 782-8696.
• Michael Mandella performs through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• Retroactive performs through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.