October 16, 2004
• 33rd annual Virginia & Truckee Railroad Symposium at the Carson Nugget. Includes Nevada and regional narrow gauge railroads, update on the V&T rebuild project and a tribute to Ted Wurm; also photography session featuring the V&T. Call Merna Tanner at 884-3207 or John Frink at 687-6953.
• “The Sound of Music,” presented by Tahoe Arts Professional Theatre in Residence and Nevada Civic Light Opera, 2 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Tickets $15, all general admission.
• Western Regional Button Collectors Association Show at the Downtown Holiday Inn, Reno. All day. Small donation accepted at the door; call Jill Biggie at 971-9538.
• Richard Guy Walton art on display at The Roberts House Museum, 1207 N. Carson St., on loan by Bob McFadden. 1-3 p.m. or by special appointment. Cost is $3 to tour the museum and see the art display. Call Paula at 887-8865.
• Clear Creek Bowmen Annual Turkey Shoot at Centennial Park Archery Range, next to golf course. Registration from 7:30-8:45 a.m., shooting at 9 a.m. Entry fees vary; call Jim or Carol Davis at 883-0389.
• Carson High School Blue Thunder Marching Band fund-raiser car wash, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Lowe’s, 444 Fairview Drive. Donation $5.
Recommended Stories For You
• Young at Heart Senior Citizens Club Community Bingo, noon at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Call 783-6455.
• Cooperative Extension’s 4-H Livestock and animal clubs of Douglas County hands-on presentations on the care and raising of 4-H animals, 1-3 p.m. at Douglas County Fairgrounds Arena, 922 Dump Road, Gardnerville. Call 782-9960.
• Sierra Lutheran High School talent show fund-raiser, 6 p.m. the high school in Minden. Free-will offering accepted at the door. Call 782-8153.
• Summit Youth Arts audition workshop for 2005 Summit Indoor Drum Line, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Nevada Performing Arts, 1295 Greg St., Sparks. Visit http://www.summit-youth-arts.org or call 762-5378.
• Annual Harvest Auction, 10 a.m. at Smith Valley Community Hall, Wellington. Features craft boutique, junque boutique, country kitchen, snack bar, silent auction and raffle. Call Martha at (775) 465-2353 or Marion at (775) 465-2304.