Tour planned for Carson River Advisory Committee
The Carson River Advisory Committee meets at 5 p.m. Monday in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St.
This month’s meeting includes a tour of parks, trail facilities and open space areas along the Carson River, presented by Parks and Recreation Director Roger Moellendorf, Park Planner Vern Krahn and Open Space Manager Juan Guzman.
A regular meeting will follow at 7 p.m. with action scheduled on the following items:
• Application for a Question 1 grant to develop a habitat conservation plan for Carson City properties along the Carson River.
• Plans for the committee’s work and education day, also known as RiverFest 2010.
No action is scheduled on the following items:
• Update on the Carson River Coalition meeting regarding protecting the aquatic environment.
• Update regarding the Carson River Aquatic Trail becoming a tourist destination.
• Status report on the Blackhawk to Heybourne transmission line, which is on hold.
• Report on the V&T Railway Reconstruction Project location.
Go to http://www.carson.org to download an agenda and a complete information packet.