Two injured in collision on South Carson Street
June 14, 2005
Two people were injured Monday in an accident on South Carson Street in front of Applebees.
According to Trooper Nick Nordyke, the accident happened about 1:45 p.m. when a northbound red Chevy pickup attempted to make a left turn into the restaurant’s parking lot and crossed in the path of a southbound tractor trailer in the far right lane.
“The (diesel driver) locked up his breaks, but it was too late. He left over 100 feet of skid mark and struck the right side of truck,” Nordyke said.
The Nevada Highway Patrol report was not complete by Tuesday afternoon, and the names of either driver and a passenger in the pickup were unavailable, he said.
The passenger and driver in the pickup were taken by helicopter to Washoe Medical Center.
The accident reduced southbound traffic to two lanes for about two hours, Nordyke added.
Trending In: Local
- Chicago-flavor restaurant coming to Carson City
- Cardoza pleads guilty to second-degree murder in 2013 Carson City case
- NV Energy CEO criticizes Energy Choice amendment
- 2018 Primary Election guide: Justice of the Supreme Court, Seat C
- Arrest for using cell phone while driving, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office