U.S. 50 to see single lane closure Sunday in west Dayton
April 26, 2018
Lanes will be reduced on westbound U.S. 50 in west Dayton on Sunday as the Nevada Department of Transportation resurfaces roadway cracking.
Westbound U.S. 50 will be reduced to one lane from Winters Parkway in west Dayton to the State Route 341 junction Sunday between approximately 6 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Motorists are advised to anticipate up to 10-minute travel delays when traveling westbound from the Dayton area to Carson City.
The road work is subject to change based on weather.
As part of routine roadway maintenance, NDOT maintenance staff will fill cracks in the highway surface to reduce water erosion and provide a smoother driving surface.
Westbound U.S. 50 will be reduced to one lane from Winters Parkway in west Dayton to the State Route 341 junction Sunday, April 29 between approximately 6 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
The routine sealing and filling of pavement cracks helps reinforce the pavement by preventing water and other roadway debris from seeping into and enlarging the cracks.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand