U.S. 50 to see single lane closure Sunday in west Dayton
April 26, 2018
Lanes will be reduced on westbound U.S. 50 in west Dayton on Sunday as the Nevada Department of Transportation resurfaces roadway cracking.
Westbound U.S. 50 will be reduced to one lane from Winters Parkway in west Dayton to the State Route 341 junction Sunday between approximately 6 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Motorists are advised to anticipate up to 10-minute travel delays when traveling westbound from the Dayton area to Carson City.
The road work is subject to change based on weather.
As part of routine roadway maintenance, NDOT maintenance staff will fill cracks in the highway surface to reduce water erosion and provide a smoother driving surface.
Westbound U.S. 50 will be reduced to one lane from Winters Parkway in west Dayton to the State Route 341 junction Sunday, April 29 between approximately 6 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
The routine sealing and filling of pavement cracks helps reinforce the pavement by preventing water and other roadway debris from seeping into and enlarging the cracks.
Trending In: Local
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Busy Saturday set for Carson City
- Man held on felony domestic battery, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Male’s remains found inside truck retrieved from Lahontan Reservoir
- Carson City supervisors re-consider Lompa plan