Veterans Day events
November 8, 2004
• Carson City Elks Lodge 2177 and Carson City Emblem Club 507 hold a flag retirement ceremony, 7 p.m. at the lodge, 515 N. Nevada St. Public welcome to attend, and bring flags which are worn, torn and require retirement to the lodge. Call 882-2177.
• Carson Middle School sixth annual Flag Retirement Ceremony, 9-10 a.m. at CMS, 1140 W. King St., in the cafeteria. Open to the public; flags welcome for retirement. Call 283-2800.
• Carson High School Naval Junior ROTC recognition ceremony, 11 a.m., open to the public, 1111 N. Saliman Road. Includes presentation of colors and singing of National Anthem by the high school choir. Refreshments after the ceremony. Call 283-1780.
• Fifth annual USO Veterans Day Celebration, 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Features George Whitell High School Band and Choir, Diana Buffalo and Bill Paradise; presentations by VFW Post 8583 and Commissioner Bernie Curtis; pictures and memorabilia from local veterans and displays from World War II and the Korean War. Call 783-6455.
Recommended Stories For You
• Nevada State Parks will honor all veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces by allowing free entrance to all Nevada state parks. All current and former members of the Armed Forces and their immediate families will be allowed to visit any state park free of charge by presenting a valid military identification (active or retired) when entering the parks on Veterans Day. Call 687-4379.
• Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 388 hosts a Veterans Day Ceremony at Mills Park, 2 p.m., honoring all women veterans. Call 687-4632.
• Civil War Statue rededication ceremony, 2:30 p.m. at Lone Mountain Cemetery, corner of North Roop Street and Beverly Drive. Call 887-2111.
• American Legion High Desert Post 56 and Auxiliary Unit 56 meet at 7 p.m. at Veterans Hall, corner of Second and Curry streets. All veterans and eligible women welcome to attend. Call 841-1369.
• Veterans Day Ceremony, 9 a.m. at Dayton Ceremony, hosted by Dayton Chapter 8660 of Veterans of Foreign Wars.
• Virginia City annual Veterans Day Parade, 11 a.m. on C Street. Spaghetti feed after parade. Call 847-0311.
Trending In: Local
- Native flowers: What every Nevada lover should know
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Bobcat sighting in Carson City; Nevada Department of Wildlife says it is not unusual
- Plasma, blood donors needed to help Carson City student with encephalitis
- Nevada Appeal, Record-Courier weekend edition goes to press early