Vietnam vets hold convention in Reno
August 9, 2005
The Vietnam Veterans of America opens its 12th national convention today in Reno’s Silver Legacy Hotel.
More than 800 delegates from VVA chapters nationwide are expected to attend the two-day convention.
The group holds a national meeting every two years to set priorities and elect leadership. President Thomas Corey said scheduled speakers include Department of Veteran Affairs Deputy Secretary Gordon Mansfield, who served in Vietnam.
Also addressing the group will be Allen Hoe, who served as a medic in Vietnam and recently lost his son in Iraq. Hoe will deliver the keynote speech at opening ceremonies this morning.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand