V&T land deal on open space committee agenda
Members of Carson City’s Open Space Advisory Committee will hear an update on the proposed King to Ash Canyon multi-purpose trail when they meet at 6 p.m. Monday.
The committee also is scheduled to recommend to the board of supervisors a joint transaction with the V&T Reconstruction Commission for the purchase of nearly 406 acres now owned by John Serpa.
Other items scheduled for action or discussion include:
• The Bently Carson River Canyon transaction in cooperation with the V&T Railroad Reconstruction Commission.
• The open space allocation of $50,000 as seed money for consideration of an equestrian and pedestrian bridge over the Carson Freeway near Clearview Drive.
• Question 1 grant reimbursement for the Horsecreek transactions in the amount of about $1.5 million.
• Fulstone Wetlands trail improvement project.
• The closure of Clear Creek Road.
• The budget progress monthly report prepared by the Parks and Recreation Commission.
• Projects and activities within the Carson Ranger District.
The Carson City Open Space Advisory Committee meets in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St.
Go to http://www.carson-city.nv.us to download an agenda and a complete information packet.
The Carson City Planning Commission also meets this week. The meeting starts at
5 p.m. Wednesday in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St.
Scheduled for discussion or action are:
• A resolution commending Steve Reynolds for six years of service on the commission.
• Abandonment of an 8-foot wide portion of North Minnesota Street, West Ann Street and North Division Street.
• A special use permit to allow truck and trailer rentals on property zoned retail commercial.
• A five-year review of an existing special use permit for Cinderlite and Mactec Engineering.