Weekend offers traditional craft fairs, open houses
Don’t miss out on the chance to purchase gifts and goodies and decorations this weekend as several annual craft fairs kick off the holiday season in Carson City.
• The Carson Nugget’s Holiday Craft Fair is on the second floor in the banquet rooms from noon to 7 p.m. Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday at 507 N. Carson St. Court Appointed Special Advocates is the designated charity. There will be family-friendly holiday activities during the fair, and food will be available for the public. For more information, call 887-1294.
• Santa’s Village in the Carson City Senior Citizen’s Center offers shoppers one-of-a-kind craft items made by local seniors, as well as See’s Candy. The craft fair is today and Saturday from 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at 911 Beverly Drive. For more information, call the senior center at 883-0703.
• Neighborhood Holiday Faire will be offered by the Methodist Women Saturday at the First United Methodist Church on the corner of Musser and Division streets, and St. Peter’s Episcopal Church will hold its annual bazaar at the corner of Division and Telegraph streets.
The Methodist fair, with a theme of “snowmen,” will be open from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. There will be snowmen of all kinds, snowflake ornaments, along with stuffed animals, pillows, kitchen linens, angels, toys and children’s items. Baked goodies and candies will be available and the Attic Treasure Room will once again be open. Shoppers can enjoy a bowl of soup and some cornbread, prepared and served by the Methodist men from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
St. Peter’s Craft Faire will be open 8:30 a.m.-3:30 a.m.
For more information, call Sandee Gagnier at 882-2492.
• The Fifth Annual Stewart Holiday Faire will be from
9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Stewart Community Center, 465 Clear Creek Road. Traditional Native American beadwork, along with many other crafts, will be for sale. Indian tacos and other foods also will be sold. For more information, call 313-4871.
• The Greenhouse Garden Center & Gift Shop Holiday Open House: The store is well-known for its annual display of themed Christmas trees where shoppers can select from a wide variety of ornaments. Holiday refreshments will be served. Hours are 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday at 2450 S. Curry St. For more information, call 882-8600.
• Holiday entertainment after shopping and eating can be found at the community center at 7:30 p.m. Saturday or 2 p.m. Sunday for Western Nevada Musical Theatre Company’s “White Christmas.” Performances will be at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. For more information, call 445-4249.