What Thanksgiving means to me
November 16, 2004
First-graders at Empire Elementary School dressed as American Indians and pilgrims Thursday in celebration of Thanksgiving. There are seven first-grade classes at the school. At lunch, students ate mashed potatoes and turkey in honor of the holiday.
First-grade teacher Kendra Johnston asked her students to draw Thanksgiving pictures and talk about what Thanksgiving means to them. Here are four of the students’ responses.
Trending In: Local
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe