What’s closed on Vets day
The following will be closed Thursday, Veterans Day:
– Schools in the Carson City, Douglas, Storey and Lyon school districts will be closed.
– The Dayton and Douglas County senior centers will be closed.
– The Carson City Library will be closed and will reopen Friday 10 a.m. For information, call 887-2244.
– City, state and federal offices, including courts, will be closed.
– Financial institutions will be closed.
– Most businesses will be open, though many businesses that deal with government agencies such as lawyer’s offices may choose to take the day off.
– Most medical and dental offices will be closed for the holiday. The emergency rooms at Carson-Tahoe Hospital and Carson Valley Medical Center are always open. Minden Emergency/Urgent Care will be open 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
– To conduct business with the Carson City Sheriff’s Department, such as recovering an impounded vehicle, call 887-2500 and press “0” to make arrangements through the communications center. Jail visiting hours are canceled on holidays.
– The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office will be closed. Call 782-9935 to make arrangements. Because of a construction project at the Douglas County Jail this week, visiting hours are canceled Thursday.
– The Lyon County Jail in Yerington is maintaining its new round-the-clock visitation schedule through the holiday. Jail visits must be scheduled in advance by calling 463-6615. Other business with the sheriff’s department should be arranged through dispatch at 463-6620.
– Call 847-0950 before planning Thursday visitation at the Storey County Jail. Visitation hours may not be available.
The following will be open:
– The Carson City Senior Citizens Center will be open, lunch served at 11:30 a.m.
– The Carson City Marriage Bureau will be open.