Where to find help
Carson City hotline: 887-2100
Help for victims
American Red Cross (415) 816-5903, this is a local number.
• U.S. Postal Service customers in the Timberline and Lakeview areas of Carson City may pick up their mail at the Carson City Main Post Office at 1111 S. Roop St.
• The post office is open for mail pickup Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Customers need to bring identification to pick up their mail.
Areas of the Waterfall fire with traffic restrictions or those considered by authorities to be unsafe will not have mail delivery at this time. This will affect 387 customers.
FIND YOUR FAMILY
• Call the American Red Cross at 856-1000
• Evergreen evacuees can be reached at 841-4646 or 883-3622
• DeBug Computer Depot & Internet Cafe, located in the original V&T Train Depot at 729 N. Carson St., is offering free high-speed Internet access to any firefighters, volunteers, or people displaced by the Waterfall fire.
Use the computers to update family and friends, send and receive e-mail, or for any other Internet services required. DeBug is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will be available after hours by appointment. Call 741-5264.
• ComputerCorps is offering free access to e-mail and the Internet, loan and replacement computers, printing of flyers, help with data recovery from damaged systems and use of printers and fax machines.
Call ComputerCorps, located at 6373 Highway 50 on the east edge of Carson City, at 883-2323.
• Allstate Insurance will have a mobile response unit at Carson City Harley-Davidson parking lot, 2749 No. Carson St. at 3 p.m. today.
The unit will be staffed by three agents with more are on the way to help clients with claims and information.
The unit will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily as long as the need for Allstate agents is necessary.
Customers may visit http://www.allstate.com or call their personal agent at 1 (800) 547-8676.
• AAA customers who have suffered damage to their homes or vehicles can begin filing claims immediately by calling (800) 922-8228.
Claims service is also available at the office, 2901 S. Carson St.