White Pine investigating inmate death at Ely prison
August 19, 2012
The White Pine County Sheriff’s Office and State Prison Inspector General’s Office are investigating the death of an inmate at the Ely State Prison.
Clayton Wrencher, 49, died at the prison under apparently suspicious circumstances.
Wrencher was convicted of murder and sent to Ely to serve life without possible parole.
He was also serving time on two convictions for child endangerment.
According to the statement issued by prison officials, “an incident” resulted in Wrencher’s death.
No details were released.
Trending In: Local
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion