Woman, 87, hits $319,202 jackpot
September 2, 2004
Martina Varner, 87, of Carson City, hit a $319,202 MegaJackpot at the Carson Nugget on Wednesday night on a quarter progressive machine after playing just $40.
A regular at the Nugget, Varner was on her way to eat dinner when Lady Luck struck.
“I was shocked and couldn’t believe I won,” said the stunned Varner.
The local retiree has no plans as of yet for how she will spend her winnings, but said it would not change her life in any special way.
– Staff reports
Trending In: Local
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Native flowers: What every Nevada lover should know
- Bobcat sighting in Carson City; Nevada Department of Wildlife says it is not unusual
- Plasma, blood donors needed to help Carson City student with encephalitis
- Teri’s Notebook: Dayton man to donate kidney to stranger