Woman dies in vehicle rollover
June 10, 2002
A single-vehicle rollover crash claimed the life of one Carson City woman — and left two other Carson women injured — north of Genoa on Sunday afternoon.
The driver, Maria Jesus Ceniceros-Ramirez, 46, of Carson City, was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident, said Trooper Patrick McGill, spokesman for the Nevada Highway Patrol.
The two passengers, Lupe Mata-Alamis, 27, and Lucero Paceco-Rodriguez, 23, also both of Carson City, sustained injuries and were transported by Care Flight from the accident scene to Washoe Medical Center, McGill said.
According to the report, the rollover crash occurred on Jacks Valley Road, four miles north of Genoa, at approximately 4:15 p.m. Ceniceros-Ramirez was driving a blue, 1991 Toyota 4-runner north on Jacks Valley Road. Another vehicle passed the 4-runner and, for an unknown reason, she hit the brakes and lost control.
Her vehicle crossed into the southbound lane and overturned.
All of the occupants of the vehicle were wearing safety belts at the time of the crash. It is unknown if alcohol is a factor.
Recommended Stories For You
The investigation into the crash is continuing, McGill added.
Trending In: Local
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’