Woman sent to prison after smoking pot on probation
The following people appeared in Carson City District Court on Monday before Judge Todd Russell:
• Isa Smith, 37, had her probation revoked for smoking marijuana and she will be serving 12 to 32 months in prison on charges of forgery and uttering a forged instrument.
• Jessie Archuleta, 26, pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance for sale. Sentencing is set for March 5.
• Eric Beck, 22, was reinstated to probation and given credit for 19 days time served on an original charge of grand larceny.
• Angel Martinez-Rojas, 37, pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance. He will be sentenced March 19.
• Franklin Reed, pleaded guilty to possession of oxycontin and ecstasy with intent to sell. He will be sentenced March 19.
• Richard Simmons, 58, pleaded not guilty to third-offense drunken driving. A jury trial was set for June 26.
• Christopher Jon Thomas, 37, pleaded guilty to two counts of uttering a forged instrument. He will be sentenced March 5.
• Pamela Denise Warner, 34, pleaded guilty to possession of a credit card without card-holder’s consent. She will be sentenced March 19.
Secret Witness turns 40 this year – and it’s helped solve many of Northern Nevada’s most violent crimes
Secret Witness tips have played a pivotal role in solving some of the most violent crimes the greater Northern Nevada region has seen. To date, Secret Witness has paid out more than $300,000 in rewards to anonymous tipsters. Rewards range from $50 (graffiti/tagging) to $1,500 (armed robbery) to $2,500 (murder).