Meek’s fishing derby set for Lake Tahoe
Meek’s Lumber and Hardware Store in Carson City (2869 N. Carson St.) is sponsoring the second annual, one-day fishing derby at Lake Tahoe on Saturday, March 10.
The entry fee is $20 per person or $40 per boat (only two anglers per boat).
Total weight of four fish of any kind caught from Lake Tahoe.
Weigh-in at Meek’s Lumber and Hardware by 4 p.m. on March 10.
Entry fee must be paid by March 3.
Entry fee collected at Meek’s.
Contest is open to amateur anglers only. No guide service.
The derby will pay cash prizes for the top five total weights, plus the biggest fish.
Last years top winners were:
1. Tom Brooks and Linn Brooks with a total weight of 17.12 pounds.
2. Ken Fields and Dennis Hudson with a total weight of 17.00 pounds.
3. Jim Barry and Dwaine Dietrich with a total weight of 15.8 pounds.
4. Dennis Bell and Dennis Sharp with a total weight of 15.80 pounds.
5. Rich Scott and John Frietas with a total weight of 15.5 pounds.
The biggest fish last year was a 7.6 pounder caught by Tom Brooks.
For information, call Dennis Hudson at Meek’s at 882-5555.