More volunteers needed for annual Kid’s Derby
The annual Kids’ Fishing Derby will be held at Lampe Park in Gardnerville on June 2-3.
There is a need for many more additional volunteers to help with that event.
Those volunteers are needed to support the many activities of that huge two-day event, which will involve a total of 2,400 youngsters.
Among the various activities are:
1. Manning the registration desk for each session.
2. Selling doughnuts and hot coffee in the mornings.
3. Supplying “loaner” fishing poles and reels to youngsters who don’t have their own equipment.
4. Baiting the youngsters’ fishing hooks.
5. Manning the entry gates.
6. Untangling lines, snarls or snags during the derby.
7. Netting fish.
8. Cleaning the trout after they are caught.
9. Manning the prize table.
10. Working in the snack wagon selling food and drinks.
11. Cooking hamburgers and hot dogs.
If you would like to volunteer your services, call Trent Dowell at 267-2724 or Steve Hamilton at 782-0742 or Pam Rodrigues at 265-1795.