May 24, 2018
Allan Dale Engleman II, 62, died in Fallon, NV on May 21, 2018 from an extensive illness.
He was born in San Diego, CA to Rosalin and Allan Engleman. He was the oldest of 4 children. As a young man, he spent his summers tuna fishing. He enjoyed golf, baseball and reading before graduating college.
"AL" joined the Marine Corps in 1974. He served his country in Vietnam and returned as a disabled veteran. He started a civilian career in aerospace engineering.
Later, he retired and wrote a philosophy book, "Expressions – A Philosophy of Mind." In his retirement he pursued; painting, woodworking, playing his guitar and writing.
AL is survived by his four daughters, Carin Gomes, Laura Engleman, Jennifer Reddick and Denise Spears; mother, Rosalin Engleman; and his two siblings, Elaine Lauger and Aaron Engleman. He is also survived by his many grandchildren, Lilly Ann and Kailey Warstler, Aevan Payne, Leo and Vivian Gomes, Daisylin Spears, and Kaleesi Reddick as well as countless friends.
He was loved by many and is greatly missed.
His memorial service will be held at the Veteran's Memorial Cemetery, 14 Veterans Way in Fernley, NV on Thursday, May 31st at 2:30pm.Arrangements are under the direction of The Gardens Funeral Home 2949 Austin Highway Fallon, NV, 89406 775-423-8928
Trending In: Obituaries
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’