Anthony Duane Mitts
August 23, 2018
September 26, 1942 – August 14, 2018
Anthony Duane Mitts, age 75, passed away peacefully at home on August 14, 2018.
He was born on September 26, 1942 in Claremore, Oklahoma to Ellery and Luella Mitts. He moved to California in his youth, where he worked hard on farmland in the Central Valley- picking peaches, collecting almonds, shucking walnuts, rolling watermelon, harvesting apricots, husking corn, and more.
Then he served his country in the United States Navy from 1960-1964, allowing him to travel and see the world. At eighteen years of age he married his sweetheart, Alice Fay (Lawrence) Mitts and together they raised three sons.
Anthony enjoyed listening to country western music, betting on the horse races, eating chocolate, and joking around with friends and strangers alike. His great joy in life was family. He will be known for his funny sayings and passing on the wisdom he gained throughout his long life.
Anthony will be forever remembered by his sons, Alan D. Mitts, Brian D. Mitts, and Anthony D. Mitts Jr., along with his five granddaughters, one grandson, and two great-granddaughters.
The Mitts Family would like to extend our gratitude to all the staff at St. Mary's Hospice for their loving care and heroic efforts over the last two years.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit