Brian Edward Dickson
July 10, 2017
April 18, 1957 – March 1, 2017
Brian Edward Dickson of Silver Springs, Nevada, aged 59, went to be with the Lord on March 1, 2017.
Brian was born in Oakland, California and enlisted in the Navy at the age of 20. Throughout Brian's service he was stationed on the USS Trepang, USS Pintado, USS Drum, USS Toledo. He served honorably for 20 years and retired in 1997.
Brian worked at Lake Lahontan and volunteered with Lyon County Search and Rescue. He was an active HAM Radio Operator in his spare time and loved watching football.
Brian is survived by his four children, Stephen Dickson of Pawcatuck, CT, Andy Dickson of Winnemucca, NV, Hope Dickson of Pawcatuck, CT, and Joy Goan of Sparks, NV; three grandchildren; his mother Lorraine Clarke of Silver Springs, NV; and his brother Robert Dickson of Reno, NV.
Funeral services will be held on Friday, July 14, 2017 at 1100 at Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Fernley, followed by a celebration of life potluck lunch at one of Brian's favorite places, Lahontan State Park (Sliver Springs side).
Trending In: Obituaries
- Ormsby House likely to be retail/housing, Carson City supervisors told
- Empire Ranch Golf Course sale falls through
- Live coverage of winter storm: Carson City offices closed today; 13 inches of snow falls in Carson City.
- Carson City Sheriff’s seek help in road rage incident
- Vegas to Reno freeway will bypass Douglas County