Dan Henry Allen
November 22, 2017
April 24, 1947 ~ November 20, 2017
Dan Henry Allen was born April 24, 1947 and passed away on November 20, 2017.
Dan was born in Richmond, California and their family lived in Placerville, CA before moving to Fallon, Nevada.
A graduate of Churchill County High School, Class of 1965, and served in the US Army from 1968-1970, during the Vietnam War. While serving with the Army, Dan took advantage of the training and learned his trade that would support the Allen family until his retirement.
Upon discharge from the Army, Dan returned to Fallon and worked with the U.S. Civil Service at NAS Fallon.
Dan was an avid sportsman, and he spent many hours in the tules of Churchill County hunting ducks and geese and other water fowl. Dan's other hobbies included motorcycles, RC Planes, and manning the "Allen" BBQ grill!
Dan was preceeded in death by his step-father, Gary Stennett, his mother, Delores Stennett, and grandson Kelby.
He is survived by his wife of 46 years, Carol Allen, daughter Annette Reed, Michelle (Jesse) Carpenter, Jessica (Miguel) Fernandez, 13 grandchildren and 4 great-granchildren.
Please join us for a Celebration of Life for Dan on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 1:00 P.M. at Smith Family Funeral Home, Fallon. Interment will follow at the Fallon Cemetery.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit