Norma O. Rutherfurd
November 8, 2018
August 25, 1938 – November 4, 2018
Norma O. Rutherfurd, civil engineer, mother, gardener, hiker, and collector of family history, peacefully passed away on Sunday, November 4th, 2018. She was born August 25th, 1938, in Carson City, Nevada, to the late James J. and Blanche I. Olds of Independence, California.
In 2004, Norma retired from the State of Nevada where she worked for more than 20 years as a civil engineer in the Department of Transportation. After retirement, she and her spouse served a senior mission for the church to digitize vital records for the Family Search database, a nationally recognized resource for genealogy records.
Norma is survived by her spouse of 54 years, John M. Rutherfurd, their 2 sons, 5 daughters, 13 grandchildren, and 7 great-grandchildren.
Memorial services will be held Monday, November 26th, 2018 at 1:30 PM at the LDS Church, River Bend Ward, 1095 Golconda Drive, Reno NV 89509.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’