Obituary: Mrs. Louise (Nunn) Cox
November 22, 2013
November 21, 1922 – November 1, 2013
Joplin, MO – Mrs. Louise (Nunn) Cox, 90, resident of Joplin, MO died Friday, November 01, 2013 after a long battle with congestive heart disease just 3 weeks before her 91st birthday.
Louise was born on Nov. 21, 1922 in Wilson County, KS, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Harry G. Chapman. She lived in Nevada for many years and loved to prospect and walk the mountains. She was a very talented seamstress, and entrepreneur. Louise raised chinchillas in Fallon, Nevada and this endeavor was very successful resulting in the breeding of a male judged to be the "World's Champion for 1970".
She was truly the matriarch of our family and gave us many fond memories, especially those of our large family gatherings during the holidays.
She is survived by her husband, Moses Cox; two daughters, Linda Childs and Susan Nunn; six grandchildren; ten great-grandchildren and one great-great-granddaughter.
She was preceded in death by her first husband, John B. Nunn; son, John S. Nunn; grandson, David Nunn and her five brothers and one sister.
Cremation has taken place and memorial services will be held at a later date.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’