July 18, 2017
September 4, 1922 ~ July 15, 2017
Roland Christiansen, 94, died July 15, 2017 at Highland Manor in Fallon, Nevada.
Roland was born in Anaconda, Montana September 4, 1922. He grew up helping on the family ranch and in 1940 he graduated from Anaconda High School.
In 1941 he enlisted in the Marine Corp. He was sent to Pearl Harbor in January 1942. His unit was deployed to various islands in the South Pacific, including Midway.
In 1943 Roland was sent to the University of Washington for officer training, but later was transferred to UC Berkley. While attending Berkeley he was discharged, met and married Ilene Zimmerman, had a daughter, Sharon, and graduated in January 1948. Later, a son, Craig was born.
Roland and Ilene moved many times before finally settling down in Fallon, Nevada. He became an avid team roper, a well known silversmith and loved visiting with and helping out his many friends.
Roland was preceded in death by his wife Ilene.
He is survived by his daughter, Sharon; son, Craig and wife Sherry; his grandchildren, Chris and Lianne, Tori and Jon, Mikal, Cassie and Domingo; and his great-grandson, Grayson.
Per Roland's request, there will be no services.
Arrangements are under the direction of The Garden's Funeral Home 2949 Austin Highway Fallon, NV. 89406 775 423-8928
- 9 ways you know you’re a Fallon local
- Rocky Boice Jr faces life if convicted of kidnap and assault
- Nevada Public Employees Benefits Program approves pilot Medicare plan with St. Mary’s in Reno
- Carson City under flood advisory until 4 p.m. Thursday
- State Charter School Authority votes to shut down Argent Preparatory Academy formerly Silver State Charter School