Ruth Rainey Sherman January 1, 1924 – November 28, 2013
December 16, 2013
Ruth Rainey Sherman went to be with our Lord peacefully on November 28, 2013 of natural causes in Williams, AZ. Born January 1, 1924 in East Ely, NV to Charles P. and Pauline Rainey. She married Dennis Sherman in 1945. She lived in Lincoln, NE, in Seoul, Korea where she worked with the Holt Adoption Agency and adopted 4 Korean children; lived in Farmington, NM where she worked at the Navajo Methodist Mission; and then moved to Fallon in 1980. She was a member of Epworth Methodist Church and was active in the community. She moved to AZ in 2009 to be closer to her daughter. She is preceded in death by her husband, by her sons, Don Dee and Curtis, daughter, Jana and brother John.
Survivors include: son, Michael of Fort Hall, ID;Daughters Jeannette Kim of Carmilla CA, Terri Sherman of Williams, AZ; six grandchildren, 3 great grandchildren; sister, Jean Coffin of Boise, ID and a niece and nephews.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’