Thomas R. Birdwell
November 22, 2017
September 8, 1934 ~ November 20, 2017
Thomas R. Birdwell, age 83, of Carson City, NV, passed away Monday, November 20, 2017.
Thomas was born in S. Pittsburg, TN, September 8, 1934, to Thomas R. and Mary Louise Birdwell.
Thomas grew up in S. Pittsburg, and enlisted in the Air Force after graduation from high school. He spent 4 years in the military before being discharged in 1954.
Thomas married LaVonne Hundley on July 19, 1957, in Richmond, CA. They made their home in Rodeo, CA. He was the fire chief in Rodeo and Hercules, CA.
He was a member of the Rodeo Rotary Club, where he served as president. He also volunteered at the Carson City Senior Center where he played pool twice a week.
Thomas is preceded in death by his sisters Myra Montana, and Billie Jo Stevens.
He is survived by his wife LaVonne; his children Terry L. Birdwell, of Carson City, NV, Deborah A. Sleeper, Harrison, AR, Karen S. Innocenti, Walnut Creek, CA and Dave A. Birdwell of Carson City, NV; 4 grand-children, 1 great grand-child, and his sister Mary McCauley.
There will be a private family viewing later.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection